Zoom (opens new window) is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
# How to connect to Zoom on Workato
The Zoom connector uses OAuth 2.0 to connect to Zoom
|Connection name||Give this Zoom connection a unique name that identifies which Zoom instance it is connected to.|
|JWT API key||Optional. Only needed if you need to download cloud recordings that are protected. To get your API key, you will need to register a JWT app with Zoom here (opens new window)|
|JWT API secret||Optional. Only needed if you need to download cloud recordings that are protected. To get your API key, you will need to register a JWT app with Zoom here (opens new window)|
# Permissions required to connect
To authorise Workato to your Zoom instance, we recommend provisioning a API user account for your Workato connection. This allows you to provision this API user to a
Role which has the minimum amount of permissions required. Alternatively, you can either use your Zoom Owner or Admin account. Admin accounts may not have the required permissions if Admin permissions have been adjusted.
For a Provisioned API user for Workato, we require the following setup:
|This could be an email alias which your organisation uses for IT administration. This must be a valid email for you to setup this user.|
Create the following role in Zoom and assign it to your newly created API user.
|Role management||View, Edit|
|Recording management||View, Edit|
|Zoom rooms||View, Edit|
|Schedule tracking fields||View, Edit|
This is required as the Workato Zoom connector performs actions at an account level. This allows you to schedule meetings or webinars on behalf of other Zoom users.
# How to uninstall Workato from Zoom
Uninstalling Zoom will stop all your active recipes. In order to install Zoom again, you will need to make an App connection on Workato.
- Firstly, you will need to disconnect all your active Zoom connections on Workato. This can be done from the App Connections page.
- Head over to your Zoom marketplace (opens new window) and log in as your account administrator.
- Click on
Managein the top right hand corner and head over to
Installed Appsin the side navigation bar.
- Click uninstall on Zoom to uninstall Workato from Zoom.
# List of Workato triggers and actions
Workato currently supports the following triggers and actions. Find out more details about each by clicking on the links below. You can also navigate to them through the side bar.
- New event trigger (Trigger recipes of events in Meetings, Webinars and more)
- Event actions (Webinar, meetings and cloud recordings)
- Registration actions (Add, approve or list registrants for your events)
- User actions (Add, remove or update users in your Zoom organisation)
- Download cloud recording files