# Supported cloud regions
As a Workato customer, you can choose the region where to store and process your organization’s automation data, which includes recipes, connections, shared assets like lookup tables, and the job history. This data remains isolated within that specific region; it cannot be transferred to other regions.
Workato data center locations
Workato customers can host their data in the following regions:
Each Workato account is hosted in a single regional data center. If you want to use a Workato account across multiple regions, you must sign up for and maintain a Workato account in each of the desired regional data centers.
# Differences between regions
The Workato platform offers an identical user experience across all regions. All the Workato features are available to customers hosting their Workato account in the EU data center.
Workato feature updates are deployed across regions simultaneously. This ensures all of our customers across all regions get the very latest Workato software updates.
# Sharing of data between regions
Workato does not share or transfer customer data across regions. Each data center in the region independently hosts customer accounts. The customer data that is in an account in one region cannot be shared with an account in a different region.
Workato collects certain kinds of data to provide services. Such data may be transferred to and stored in the US. This data includes:
- in-app chat
- support tickets and other interactions with the Workato support
- interactions with the Workato blog
- interactions with Workato educational offerings like the Automation Institute
# Customer support
Workato maintains a globally-distributed support team to offer product support to our customers in all timezones.
# United States data center
The US data center is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the US East region and is available for all Workato customers by default. For more information on the security features, see our security documentation.
# European Union data center
The European Union (EU) data center is available for customers in the European Economic Area (EEA), who prefer to store and process their data locally. The new data center in the AWS EU Central region provides the infrastructure to support customers with both their internal security requirements and data protection regulations.
The EU data center adheres to Workato's core security features, as well as to additional EU-specific requirements.
Contact your Workato representative to get started.
# EU Data Center-Supported features
All Workato features are supported in the EU data center, except for the following:
- Cross-region user collaboration. In this scenario, a user of a Workato account in the US data center wants to join as a collaborator in a Workato account in the EU data center. The collaboration may result in customer data transfer between the two regions. To avoid such data transfers, cross-region collaboration is not supported.
- Cross-region recipe sharing using shared token. Users can share their recipes by sending other users the recipe URL with the shared token. Customer integration data is stored in the data center where their Workato workspace is hosted. Thus the recipe URL is specific to the data center where the recipe is stored, and can only be accessed by users who have an account in the same region.
- Cross-region custom connector sharing via the shared token. Similar to recipe-sharing, users can send other users their custom connectors via the connector URL with the shared token. Custom connectors built using the Connector SDK are stored in the data center where the Workato workspace is hosted. The connector URL is specific to the data center where the connector is stored, and can only be accessed by users who have an account in the same region.