# Listing your connector on the community
Join thousands of customers and partners on the Workato platform who use our robust connector SDK by sharing your connectors with the community. We've created the Workato community as a way for all our users to come together and solve the problem of integrations together.
- Collaborate with others to improve on your connector. Receive bug reports, enhancement requests and also manage pull requests from others. Spend less time building and more time enjoying the benefits of integrations when you have the Workato community behind you.
- Gain exposure on the Workato platform as an experienced Workato systems integrator by listing connectors you have built. Our active community of integrators are always on the lookout for consultants with in-depth knowledge of specific apps and integrations to help them with them.
- List a connector to your own app on Workato and allow your customers a way to easily implement integrations from your app to the thousands of other applications on Workato. Drive engagement and reduce churn for your app when your customers can integrate it with their tech stack easily using Workato.
If you're an app developer, join us as a Workato technology partner today. Workato's low code platform can make integrations a breeze for your customers, thereby driving engagement and reducing churn. As a tehcnology partner, you'll get priority access to support and training to build on the Workato platform so you can get your connector up and running quickly. Sign up here today
Explore further options with Workato with our OEM solution. With your connector built, you'll be able to whitelabel the Workato platform directly into your own product, giving your customers a seamless integration experience without sacrificing precious development resources to build and maintain these connectors to 1000s of apps.
# How do you list your connector?
Listing your connector couldn't be easier. All users have the ability to list connectors directly from the share tab in your connector SDK console. Here are some steps you need to do before listing your connector.
|1||If you're an existing Workato user, you should be all set. If not, please join our technology program here and our team will be in touch to get you started.|
|2||Take some time to read our extensive documentation on the Workato connector SDK. This gives you a good foundation on how to build a connector. You should also check out our advanced connector guidelines and best practices. These guides are incredibly important to improve usability for integrators on Workato. Good connectors naturally get more usage and stickiness with users.|
|3||After building your connector, do remember to test it yourself. You should do tests on a recipe level as well. Besides testing, you should also change the logo of your connector to a logo that matches the app this connector is built for. Remember to provide an informative description for your connector under the |
|4||Once you are ready, head over to the |
|5||If the app you have given isn't under the list of pre-approved apps, you will have to go through a verification process which should take less than a day. When your connector is approved, an email will be sent to you informing you of the approval.|
# Best practices - Listing a community connector
- Scrubbing out any sensitive information from your connector code
When building your connector, you may have hardcoded sensitive information such as OAuth client IDs and secrets or API keys. Remember to scrub these values out before listing your connector on the community. These credentials will be compromised if other users install your connector. Instead of hardcoding sensitive data, sensitive data should be collected as input fields from users.
- Removing any code that may compromise data
Safety is a key priority in the Workato community. We conduct checks on connectors published to ensure that data sent to the connector is being handled in a safe and responsible manner. In cases where you may have sent payloads or responses from the API to a requestb.in for checking, make sure to scrub those out.
- Selecting the right app for your connector
When you list your connector, we ask you for the app which this connector has been built for. Be sure to enter in the proper name for this app so that all Workato users can find it easily without confusion. If you're building a connector to an app which cannot be found in the dropdown, we'll need some time to verify this app before your listing is approved. Be sure to enter in the application name properly to speed up the verification process.
- Identifying proper categories and using the right logo
Using the right logo for your connector instills trust in users when they browse it. While conducting their own due diligence and research on your connector, these data points are crucial in helping potential users decide whether they want to install your connector.