# Cancel Job
You can halt the execution of running jobs. Jobs that are running are in the Processing status.
You may need to cancel a running job when:
- you found a bug in the recipe and want to immediately stop the job
- the job seems to be stuck in processing
# How to Cancel a Running Job
You can cancel a job from the job details page. Simply select the Cancel job button.
Cancel a job from job details page
The job status will be updated from Processing to Canceled. This job details will indicate that the job was canceled by the a user (
Job canceled by user).
Reason for cancel
# Recipe Functions And Callable Recipes
Canceling a parent recipe job generally won't cancel the child recipes. If you are using Recipe functions, the called recipes may continue to run independently to completion.
Note: This is also applicable to Callable recipes (deprecated).
# FAQ: the job is stuck in processing status
Some jobs may take a long time to complete. This can happen if the recipe is:
- processing bulk data using long actions
- waiting for an recipe function to resolve
- using a dedicated waiting step from Schduler by Workato
In such cases, the job may take a several minutes or hours to complete It may even exceed the normal timeout limit.