# Error handling with the HTTP connector
Error messages are instrumental in identifying the root cause of a failed action. Whenever the response from the Send request action contains a non-2XX response code , the error message in the body will be returned.
# How to view the error message
The Error tab in the job report will display the error message in the response body, if any, which usually describes the failure reason.
In addition to the error code, it will include the following information:
- Error message. This usually includes the actual failure reason.
- Response headers. In certain cases, there are vital information in the response header.
Error message in a failed HTTP call
Using HTTP error message
The HTTP error message can be used in an error monitoring block. You can use the error message in the following ways:
- If it is a rate limit error, you can set the recipe to retry the HTTP action after waiting a specified amount of time.
- In error email notifications, the HTTP error message will be automatically provided.
- Add the HTTP error message to your logs with the Activity log streaming.