The Workato on-prem agent provides a secure way for Workato to selectively access customer-authorized on-prem apps, databases, and folders without having to open ports in the corporate firewall.
Users can communicate securely with Workato by installing the agent within the protected server.
The on-prem agent is used to create connections that are used by recipes to perform requests. These on-prem connections can be connected to one or more agents in an on-prem group.
Adding multiple on-prem agents to an on-prem group allows you to achieve high availability with fault tolerance and load balancing capabilities.
On-prem menu option
Common errors when using the on-prem agent
If connecting to on-prem applications fail, check that:
- The selected agent is active
- Credentials provided in the app connection are correct
- Credentials provided by user in the app connection has the correct role and permission to connect
If connecting to on-prem databases fail, check that:
- Selected agent is active
- Credentials provided in the connection profile are correct
- Database name and type provided in the connection profile is correct