# Add Agent to Group
New on-prem group
After you select an on-prem group or create a new group, Workato prompts you to create an agent.
We support the following operating systems:
Click Add on-prem agent to start an agent-creation wizard that sets up, runs, and verifies that your agent is active.
# On-premise agent setup wizard
For this example, we set up an on-prem agent on a Windows OS.
- Step 1: Choose OS
- Provide a meaningful agent name, and select the OS for the agent installation.
- Step 2: Accept ToS
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Step 3: Install
- Download the installer file to the on-prem system. The wizard provides OS-specific installation insttructions.
- Step 4: Add key
- Download the agent key, and move it to the appropriate folder in the agent directory, according to the instructions.
- Step 5: Run agent
- Follow the instructions to set up and run the agent.
- Step 6: Test
- After the agent becomes active, click Test to verify that the connection is successful.
# Optional settings on Linux
In the following setting examples, the contents of Workato OPA are in the
# Set up Workato user
Create a non-privileged user to run Workato OPA.
$ groupadd -r workato $ useradd -c "Workato On-Premise Agent" -g workato -s /sbin/nologin -r -d /opt/workato workato
# Set up systemd service
Create a systemd service that starts Workato OPA automatically. This prevents disruptions to your critical workflows after the system reboots.
- Create a systemd service.
$ sudo cat > /lib/systemd/system/workato.service <<EOF # Systemd unit file for default Workato On-Premise Agent # # To create clones of this service: # DO NOTHING, use workato@.service instead. [Unit] Description=Workato On-Premise Agent After=syslog.target network.target [Service] Type=simple WorkingDirectory=/opt/workato ExecStart=/usr/bin/java -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -cp "/opt/workato/lib/*" com.workato.agent.Main User=workato [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target EOF
- Launch Workato OPA and set it to autostart.
$ systemctl start workato $ systemctl enable workato
Learn more about Setting up On-prem Agent.